This post is about 20 self care ideas for when you feel stressed out
This post is about self care ideas when you feel stressed out It’s hard to beat stress. Everybody gets it, and nobody likes it. It’s important to take care of yourself in these moments, so that you can bounce back stronger than ever.In an effort to help out with this tricky task, we have put together a list of 20 self care ideas for when you’re feeling stressed out or overwhelmed. These are simple ways that you can stop the cycle before it pulls you down any further.
20 Amazing self care ideas for when you feel stressed out
- Exercise. Even if it’s just a walk around the block, exercise will help take your mind off of things for a while. It’s also a great way to have some extra energy when you need it most.
2. Eat healthy. When you’re stressed out, we often neglect our bodies’ basic needs, like food and water. Focus on eating healthier in these moments to calm down and feel better about yourself later on.
3. Watch TV or movies . There is a lot of content out there that can help you relax and get through a stressful moment. Feel free to watch whatever you’d like, as long as it helps to put you at ease.
4. Go outside. This one seems like an obvious choice, but it’s the best kind of option. Get outside for some fresh air and take your mind off whatever is stressing you out.
5. Play with animals. You can’t beat the calming effect that animals have on people. Plus, having a pet in your life can give you some much-needed love and comfort in these moments.
6. Take a walk. There’s something about being outside that is just so relaxing. Whether it’s walking to the park or going to your favorite park, it’s an easy way to get your mind off of things for a while.
7. Talk with someone about what’s stressing you out. It’s a good idea to talk about your problems with someone you trust, so that you can both feel better about what’s going on.
8. Do what you need to do. When life gets overwhelming, sometimes we avoid doing things we don’t want to do in order to take care of ourselves. This is something that makes us feel bad about ourselves and is often a big reason for stress in the first place. However, if you focus on doing what needs to get done, this moment might not last long at all. This doesn’t mean you need to do everything, but prioritize tasks that will take stress off of you.
9. Check social media. Social media provides an outlet for people to interact with others and get their minds off of things for a bit. It’s sometimes the best way to clear your mind and truly relax.
10. Watch someone else deal with stress or overwhelming situations. Sometimes watching someone else who is stressed can be just as beneficial as doing something yourself, as long as it gets your mind off of things for a bit.
11. Create a to-do list. Make sure to prioritize as much as possible so that you can get everything done and feel less stressed out.
12. Watch a funny video. A good laugh can really help put things into perspective and make you see things in a new way, which makes the moment seem less stressful than it was before, and more manageable.
13. Take some deep breaths. Feeling down is a difficult thing to combat on your own, so if you want to take control and get it under your belt, do it for yourself. Take deep breaths and focus on what’s going on around you.
14. Talk about things with people you trust. Talking about something with someone that cares about you can be incredibly helpful in helping to calm yourself down and make sure things are under control, no matter what the stress has been caused by.
15. Take a deep breath and count to ten. The more you talk yourself down, the harder it is to get things back on track, but when you take a deep breath and count to ten, you can get things under control from your end.
16. Put on some nice music and dance around. One of the easiest ways to get yourself on a better mood is by dancing. If you can, put on some music and start moving around. You’ll be surprised at how quickly your mind will settle down if you just let it be free for a few minutes.
17. Take a break from the situation that caused the stress. Nobody knows exactly what causes stress, but one thing is certain: when you are staring at something that has upset you, it only makes the problem seem bigger than it is. Stop focusing on it and take a break.
18, Listen to someone talk about the situation you’re stressed out about. By doing this, you will usually find that the only thing that matters is how you feel, and all of your worries are put to rest. This helps to realize that everything will be okay in the end.
19. Take a hot shower or bath. Taking a hot shower or bath helps you relax and just think about anything other than whatever is causing you stress. It will also make it easier for you to fall asleep when the time comes, if that’s what your body needs.
20. Go to sleep. Sometimes the best thing that we can do is nothing. You may think that if you can deal with things all day, then you should be able to deal with them all night too, but your body doesn’t work that way. If you can’t sleep, then don’t feel bad. Go to bed and let sleep do the hard work for you.
Which one of these self-care ideas feels most like what you need when you’re feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Let us know in the comment section below!
This post was all about 20self care ideas for when you feel stressed out
xoxo Saturday Life Girl
If you enjoyed this check out: 20 things to do the summer before college