HOW TO MAKE TOASTED PITA CHIPS
I‘ve always found regular toasted pita breads a bit plain and tasteless. So one Winter’s night I and my Mum decided to make up our own pita bread recipe. Wasn’t sure of the outcome, but they turned out great and we’ve been making them ever since.The difference with theses pita bread’s is that instead of just chargrilling them for a few minutes each side you sprinkle some oil and some herbs on them and baked them in the oven until they become crisp like.
Don’t know how healthy they are but they do taste super delicious. I love to spread goats cheese or pesto on them and dip them in my soup instead of bread sometimes, but if that’s not your thing you can eat them like chip. I’ve attached some step by step type pictures as well as some written instructions if you’d like to give them a try.
Toasted Pita Chips
- 1 Pita Bread
- oregano seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200C or 392F
- Line a baking tray with foil.
- Cut up your pitta bread into small triangle quarters.
- Put some oil on your tray.
- Sprinkle onto the tray some of you herbs, salt, and pepper so that the tray is covered.
- Place your pitta's on the tray and swirl them around until both sides are coated.
- If your herbs look a bit sparse just add some more.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden and crispy, will need to be turned so both sides cook evenly
xoxo Saturday Life Girl
PIN FOR LATER!